I am always looking for affordable things to do with my kids during the summertime. Here is my personal list of the top 5 things to help you combat boredom during the summer (for little or no cost):
1. Regal Summer Movie Express – Most Regal theatres play children’s movies for $1 each person on weekday mornings. There are a couple of movies each week to choose from in most theatres. Click on this link to find one near you: http://www.regmovies.com/Movies/Summer-Movie-Express
2. Students Bowl Free – This program allows kids up to age 18 bowl one game for free each day of the summer at participating bowling alleys. Sign up online at http://coupons.bowlbrunswick.com/ballpass/.
3. Bass Pro Shops – They have free activities for families all summer long. You can learn how to fish, set up a tent, or lots of other fun outdoor tasks. Check with your local store for details.
4. Build a Fort – I don’t know why but every kid (big and small) loves a fort. Use blankets, furniture, and sheets to turn your living room into a personal kids fort. And don’t worry about the mess…leave it up for a few days. Let the kids sleep in it, eat in it, etc. They’ll love it.
5. Camp in Your Own Living Room – Set up a tent right in your own living room. If you don’t have your own tent, borrow one from a friend or neighbor. Set it up just like you were on a camping trip. Tell bedtime stories, sleep in sleeping bags, use a lantern (electric, of course) to get that full camping feeling.
Those are my summer fun activities. What are yours?