Our new parents at Building Families, Inc. are always asking us for our opinions on pregnancy, baby care, and baby items. So much so that we decided to curate a list of links and items that we love to recommend to our new parents!
7 Awesome Answers to New Parent Questions
These 7 articles provide a wealth of information that new parents need.
How do I Calm a Fussy Baby?
The prospect of a fussy baby can be frightening to new parents. Fortunately, we found a wonderful article on healthychildren.org that provides tips for parents and caregivers.
What Kind of Car Seat Should I get for my Newborn?
Rear-facing? Convertible? 3-in-1? What does this all mean? The authors over at safekids.org provide tips, definitions and videos that help you decide on the right car seat.
Should I Learn Infant CPR?
Yes. You should learn infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation, or CPR. The American Academy of Pediatrics created this First Aid PDF that includes instructions for infant CPR and other first aid instructions. However, the most effective method of learning is through in-person classes. Search for “in person CPR training near me;” many organization may offer free training.
How do I put a Diaper on my Baby?
Putting a diaper on a giggling, crying, squirming chubby baby is not an obvious task for some. The CDC provides a simple step-by-step PDF guide to this seemingly never-ending task. Don’t worry, you’ll be a pro in no-time!
How Much or Often Should I Feed my Baby?
Am I feeding her too much? Not enough? She looks too thin/chubby/is always hungry?!? The authors at healthychildren.org again provide straightforward feeding guidelines for new parents.
How Often Should I Bathe my Baby?
Bath time is the best! Is there such a thing as too much? healthychildren.org provides great tips and guidelines for your baby’s first bath and the many baths afterward.
What Baby Items do I Need?
You’ve got a million different things you want to buy for your baby, but what do you actually need? What are the essentials? Fortunately, there’s a great list for that at thebump.com.
IVF Due Date Calculator
When is your little IVF bundle of joy arriving? Use our IVF and FET Due Date Calculator to find out!
Building Families Recommended Gear
As you can imagine, we see a lot of baby gear in our business! And every year brings in new, fancy, and innovative products to help you on your parenting journey. Below are a list of a few of the things we at Building Families continue to recommend.
- Snoo Smart Sleeper
- Baby Trend Double Stroller
- Dr. Brown’s Bottles
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on Car Seats and Booster Seats
Breast Pumping Essentials
- Check Edgepark for a free Breast Pump
- Medela Pump in Style Breast Pump
- Nipple Balm
- Breastmilk Storage Bags
- Maximizing Breastmilk Production
Always check with your doctor/OBGYN prior to taking any prenatal vitamins.
Products to help you be comfortable and calm during your H&H9.
- Bellybandit Belly band
- Pregnancy pillow
- Blood pressure cuff
- earthmama Belly cream
- Teas from pinkstork and earthmama
These inclusive books cover topics about surrogacy and third-party reproduction.
- The Kangaroo Pouch by Sarah A. Philips
- What Makes a Baby by Cory Silverberg
- Center for Family Building’s Lifebook
- Use the code word “family” for 20% off
- My Mom is a Surrogate by Abigail Glass
Just some other goodies that anyone can appreciate!
- Our Amazon Favorites
- Massage Envy
- Instacart grocery delivery
- Hello Fresh Meal Delivery
- Flowers from 1800flowers or proflowers
- Bump Box
- Make sure to email or note that it is specifically for a Surrogate
- Medisafe App
- Building Families, Inc. is not affiliated with any of these businesses, organizations, or manufacturers, and we don’t control the content on the linked pages.
- Building Families, Inc. does not earn a commission on any linked items. None of the provided links are affiliate links. Any discount codes are not associated to or benefit Building Families, Inc. in any way.
- Businesses are constantly changing their websites, so over time the links may change or the content may disappear or change. Please let us know if you find any of that!
- Icons made by Good Ware from www.flaticon.com